Rachel Hankes 18 from Cropsey IL has been involved in the Boer Goat industry for 11 years. Rachel has a passion for goats and looks forward to the opportunity to give back to a group that has driven her passion for showing goats. She looks forward to being able to pass her passion for goats onto younger members of the Indiana Boer Goat Classic. Rachel just recently graduated from Prairie Central High School. In the fall, she plans pursue a degree in Agricultural Production degree from Joliet Junior College. Rachel is very active in her FFA Chapter competing in many CDE’s on a state and national level such as Dairy Products, Meats Evaluation, Livestock Judging, Vet Science, Public Speaking, and Ag Communications.
Indiana Boer Goat Classic
Marketing / Operations Intern
The Indiana Boer Goat Classic (IBGC) is an organization established in 2008 with the goal of growing the Boer Goat and Meat Goat industry in Indiana by providing youth exhibitors and breeders alike opportunities to promote their product to others through shows, educational opportunities and other events. IBGC hosts shows and educational events for youth and adults around the state of Indiana.
IBGC is seeking bright, articulate, enthusiastic, self-motivated and detail-oriented applicants. The IBGC marketing / operations intern will work alongside other members of the executive committee to help us exceed our IBGC show attendee’s expectations. Join us as we cover the state of Indiana making goat showing open to everyone. The Marketing / Operations intern will be provided with reimbursement of travel or hotel expenses.
· Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of various shows and educational events.
· Actively manage IBGC’s social media profiles to increase exposure.
· Show and event photography during and after, including champions with judges.
Our Internship Program Expectations:
· Attend the IBGC summer series shows.
· Attend the Indiana State Fair to help and promote IBGC. (Early August)
· Attend Fall Classic (September)
· Attend IBGC Conference(s) & Youth Events (Yet to determine date and location)
· A Graduating Senior or currently enrolled college student in good academic standing, pursuing a degree in an agricultural or related field
· Experience in the livestock showing industry
· Ability to work both as a team member and independently, while being self-motivated and self-directed
· Ability to attend all IBGC primary shows both Friday night and Saturday
· Fluent working MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If this sounds like something you may be interested in please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com We are asking for all resume and cover letters to be submitted by August 31, of present year. The Intern will be announced at the Fall Classic Banquet each year.