click here for registration form
INDIANA BOER GOAT CLASSIC SHOW RULES
- Class entries must be submitted to the IBGC electronically at indianaboergoat.org on or before the posted deadline. Entry fees must be submitted to the IBGC on or before the posted deadline to the address provided. Fees double for entries accepted after the deadline. Late entries will be accepted online until 6 pm the Wednesday before the show, and at check-in.
- All shows are governed by the rules of the IBGC and the sanctioning Breed Association. IBGC rules have priority for the Youth Show. For incidents not covered by show rules, the IBGC Show Committee’s decision will be final.
- Original Registration papers are required for all breeding stock animals from any Boer registry accepted by the ABGA for the Open Show. Animals must be shown under the owner’s name. Acceptable registrations for Youth Pay-outs include: in the Youth's name (i.e. Johnny Smith, or Johnny Smith and Janie Smith) in a family name (i.e. John and Mary Smith and family) or in a farm name (i.e. Smith Farms.)
- Papers are not required for market or showmanship animals.
- Youth exhibitors (21 Years of age and younger as of January 1st of the current year) must be members or part of a family membership and may join at any show. Points accumulate from that show forward. Any Youth exhibitor who is part of a Family Membership, or a Junior Member, and able to control their goats is eligible to participate.
- All goats must be in place and papers checked in to the show secretary by the posted check in time.
- Goats must be Healthy and free of visible signs of contagious diseases. Animals of questionable health may be excused.
- All goats must comply with Indiana BOAH and Scrapie rules. Out of state goats must follow any rules for transport set by the state of Indiana.
- All goats must be tagged or have some other permanent form of ID.
- Dehorning/tipping of Wethers and Market Does is recommended but not required. Market goats shall be body-clipped to a uniform length not exceeding 1/2" above the hocks and knees.
- Wethers must be castrated males. Wethers with remnants of testicles will be disqualified.
- Wethers and Market does must have all their milk teeth in place. Wethers and Market Does with missing teeth or permanent adult teeth coming in will be disqualified. (No refunds.)
- IBGC reserves the right to conduct weigh-backs of wethers and market does. Animals gaining more than 5 lbs from entry weight will be disqualified, forfeit that show’s premiums, and all earned points.
- IBGC reserves the right to conduct random drug/tissue tests. The exhibitor of any goat found with illegal drug residue will be banned from the show series.
- No alcoholic beverages on the fairgrounds. No smoking inside any barns. No dogs allowed in barns or show arena.
- Exhibitors and their families are responsible for safety and care of their goats, and release the IBGC and any committee members from any and all responsibility for loss or damages or accidents, and waive any and all claims resulting from any weigh-back or random drug/tissue test results.
- IBGC reserves the right to refuse any exhibitor entry and to ask any person whose behavior is deemed detrimental to leave immediately.
- Youth must show their own animals in the Junior Show unless they have 2 in the same class.
No Showing from Trailers. No Refunds
> IBGC Youth Challenge Series Points System